MTC Address

MTC Address/Box number

Sister Paige Tingey
MTC Mailbox #152
PHI-QUE 0228
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Thursday, January 31, 2013


HIII!!!!!!!!!! week two done. almost. and dad yes i am getting everyones dear elders and i LOVE them! but okay im going to sound like the most needy child but i am because i was also wondering if you could send me sheet music for come thou font (freddies version) and for peace i leave with you..? if not its fine! oh and i NEED my osso pictures. just like one of every kid. but make sure i look good in them too...not necessarily similar to the ones you sent of my and my peeps after my wisdom teeth. or after i had been crying. its just not really my best look. ohh and also im sending home my memory card this week so look for that in the mail except so i only brought one so if you could send one or two more back asap that would be great cause the other one is stil full from ecuador pictures that you can just save on the computer along with my new ones and then just delete them off and send it back! ohhhh and mom if you could still forward me missionary letters that would be lovely.
OKAY so i honestly cant remember what happened 20 minutes ago so hopefully i can still think of some good stories to tell.
oh wait i know exactly where to start.
soooo sunday i get home from the most productive sabbath day i had ever had and im just so excited and ready to go to bed. so its like 9:45 and im in the shower when of course i hear a fire alarm. i sat in there for about ehh a good 2-3 minutes contemplating if i should get out or not but i figured they dont do fire drills this late at night (yes 10 oclock seems like the middle of the night here) but then i hear girls yelling saying we need to get out of the building now..well i grab my towel. and then realized my door was locked. some angel sees me and throws me her robe and some other sister throws me some shoes and we run downstairs (4 flights i might add) and outside. so awkward. so funny. so annoying cause i still had conditioner in my hair. some girl was bawling....i actually still dont know why, guess it was pretty traumatizing. anyways find out some girl had burnt her popcorn. anyways about an hour ish later got back in finished my shower and went to bed only then to wake up EXTRA sunshiningly early for our service day the next morning at 5:45 which is actually another funny story. so glad mom made us clean bathrooms because thats all me and sister houser did was scrub down all the bathrooms in this building and mop the floors...and then we come down to see that the elders job in our district was to "shine all the doorknobs". so thats how monday started. hahaha kill me.
but anyways its been practically a blizzard here the past 2 days. its the funniest to see sisters not be careful enough as they walk around a corner and just eat it so hard on the black ice. actually its sad. and im pretty sure i just cursed myself now. and i love gym. i killed all the polys yesterday. so you can say its been a good week.
oh last story..THANKS for the package. me and sister houser actually got the same package on the same day! excitingly funny. but anyways so theres this rule where you cant eat in the classroom..but we wanted to try our chips and queso so we had it on the desk and all the elders were eating it and shooot i dont know how to decribe this kid..but he is the funniest in the whole world. probably a 5 foot 2 little tongan my favorite person by far actually this story isnt even funny typing it but basically he knocked it over and we had queso all in our carpet and now we understand exact obedience and its our number one rule forever and always and that was pointless but anyways thanks for the package!
oh and i love the pioneers. we walked like maybe half a mile to the temple at six thirrty this morning in the middle of a blizzard..sorta but literally i thought my life was over. loooove the pioneers.
ps nick oslon and stevie beus just got here so life is like 5 times more fun. and blakes coming tomorrow. andbryce and jake are here.and someone else.....shoot and trent. and its just been the greatest. and i just need brooke and marissa to get here and then my life will be complete. oh and mac and sam visited which was funnest and weirdest but greatest.
ow my hands hurt.
okay just real quick one lesson ive learned this week was when i was reading in preach my gospel in chapter 6 where it talks about christlike attributes (my favorite chapter) and the one attribute i think ive had to learn the most about this week was about HUMILITY. the language has been really frustrating. its been hard accepting that i really am speaking tagalog and that theyre not gonna call me out of class one day and say that ive been called spanish speaking actually. especially cause  i know the Lord knows how long and well i can study for (which isnt long or well) so its been rough. but its helped me learn a lot about myself in just one week. how sometimes in life when things are hard or frustrating for me, i tend to shut it out. which accidently leads to me shutting people out as well. and i cant tell its been hard for my companion or roommates when i do that. but my favorite line that ive been having to refer to is that" humility is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of spiritual strength...humility will help you as you strive to be obedient, to work hgard and serve selflessly..." it goes on a little more talking about how sometimes we trust ourselves more than god or his servants (pride) which described me a little too well. i just like doing things myself and hate asking for help but obviously that has to change asap or the next 18 months slash rest of my life is going to be a struggle. life isnt easy, sometimes it is but for the most part there are little things we deal with daily. its OKAY to turn to the Lord and let him refine you. he's not too busy and its never a hassle for him. so thats my attribute im praying for this week which will take a lot of pananampalataya from me. but yeah its a really cool chapter to look over 9-20 times a day. hopefully i can be blessed with a few more of these attributes as well before im out of here in a month, since i have this badge on..which means i am literally being a representative of christ and with EVERYTHING i do/say/etc people are going to be connecting the dots. its intimidating but thats what we're striving for is the whole WWJD
anyways my 30 minutes is longgg gone hah but I LOVE YOU ALL and all the fun letters from this week.
the church is true
xoxo
sister tingey

i forgot one thing. I LOVE MY COMPANION. 

No comments:

Post a Comment