MTC Address

MTC Address/Box number

Sister Paige Tingey
MTC Mailbox #152
PHI-QUE 0228
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

2 more pdays


HIII!!! kumusta po kayo?? how in the heck is it already pday? uhh and ps i only have 2 more pdays left till im outta this place. its going to be so fun to be able to see the sky again. and like people. and life. but first of all good luck reading this letter. its going to be a little rough and probably not make sense because we accidently took a 4 hour nap today (the most sleep i think ive gotten here so far) and everythings a little fuzzy. also think me and my kasama are getting a little sick so hopefully that passes.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUmom and shills and mcdaniels for the packages!!!!!!!!! so fun. and thanks for the fun letters i got this week!! letters are better than meals. not kidding. and almost as fun as the new bunk beds we got in our rooms this morning. they are running out of places to put people like the 1500 new missionaries coming this week so they just decided to stick another bed in our room. i didnt even know that was possible but i guess with the lord all things are possible. so yay for new roommates.
and sorry about the memory card, i meant to send it but then i didnt. haha so look for those this week i promise.
ummm ano pa....oh! THANK YOU to whoever prayed for me to be able to make it through fast sunday because i know there was a real prayer for that this week. cant remember the last time i made it to 6...but it was the easiest and most productive fast sunday ive had in my whole life.
and thanks mom for the cool story about the mom of 6 kids. LOVED it.
best story of the week was after dinner the other night me and my kasama were got popsicles. hers got stuck to her tongue. like i never even knew that was a real thing. but literally the popsicle would not come off her tongue. and so we stuck her head in the drinking fountain and tried to get it off that way but it didnt. i dont even know how we did it but like 5 minutes later we finally ripped it off. i dont think ive laughed so  hard in my whole life. and then after that we got in trouble for eating in the hall. somehow we manage to get in trouble for something every day. waa. but we try our best.

other best thing weve discovered this week is how much cool stuff people leave in the free bins on all the floors. weve gotten so much sweet stuff its like christmas every monday night when the old people leave. so thats exciting.
something sad though is that all the snow has melted so our snowball fights feel like rock fights instead so pray for snow.
well mostly i cant even think of anything else that happened this week. everything is fun and good. my brain is fried and somehow i still dont feel like ive learned any tagalog buttttttttt its fine.

anyways yesterday had a really cool lesson. this guy came in to talk to us and was going to go over this whole planning thing but just stopped and took his lesson totally other way. he told us about one of his previous investigators from the philippines and we had this huge long discussion about it. anyways main point about it was that he LOVED this investigator and worked and worked and would do anything for him in order to help him. right when they were getting somewhere he was transferred. he said that it was the hardest thing about his mission was just trusting that the next missionary coming in who would be teaching him would love Jeffrey as much as he did and would work as hard and put in the same amount of effort he did for this man. it just made me think about the week i was leaving ecuador and how that was the hardest part was trusting that whoever came next would be able to love those babes and much as me and my group of girls did. it sounds weird but i really was so scared to leave. but i was so happy for that lesson because its been hard having motivation to study for people who i dont even know. but just as much as i wanted new girls to come in and be good to my kids i know that i need to be studying and getting ready to go in and love these investigators for these other missionaries and more importantly for god.  i know i wrote dad this week explaining how hard it is to be in a classroom all day when i look at my watch and add two hours and realize its bath time and that selia needs help getting jorge in the bath. or that christian and manuel need to be taken on a walk because they’re having a tantrum with their autism frustrations.  or that i can see laurita and martin trying to tell the new volunteers something but they can’t understand the grunts. or that the new girls are not wanting to play with edu cause he hits and pulls hair and has a bigger head than them and the volunteers not knowing that if you give him an orange and just wrestle him back he will hug and kiss and laugh with you for the rest of the day. or that laurita needs me braiding her hair. or that edu hasnt eaten in like 30 minutes and is going to need a game and an orange. or that aniye just fell off the slide again and i just want justin to pinch my ankles and leidy to yell BEJ from upstairs. and thats the hardest part about being here is how bad i want to be back there. so that’s been hard dealing with during class.  the spanish is frustrating too.  the other night there was a new elder here who came from mexico and only spoke Spanish so we talked for like 20 minutes and then someone in my district came up to me and asked me a question in tagalog and I had no idea what they said to me. if i didnt have that one day where i knew with all my heart i needed to be here, i would be in ecuador right now. and last night was the hardest night ive had here. i was talking to elder robison about how excited i was to get out of the mtc so i could just see one kid or hold one baby. and then him and another elder told me too bad cause we cant even hold the babies there. and i had read that somewhere but i didnt really pay attention to it but then one of the elders got out the stupid (just kidding its not stupid) little white missionary handbook that explains all the rules about not being able to do with kids and embarassingly i just sat down and cried. and i dont think it was just cause of the rule but i just think i missed my osso kids so bad and it finally hit me how much i did. that whole quote about i knew that someday thinking back on my tears would bring me to laughter but i never thought thinking back on laughter could bring me to tears. basically its so true. and my poor district had no idea what to do with me. those are my favorite kids in the whole world. i have been thinking about those babes and how much i would give to make a quick 3 week stop on the way to the phillipines to go say hi. so the only 2 things that remind me why i’m here is because of the night i had with dani when i realized if this family had the gospel that the mom he was crying for could be the one rocking him to sleep instead of me.  and second that in my setting apart it promised that i have close friends from another life who need me.  so if they need me i will come. but that’s probably the hardest part is just that i don’t know them yet.  but sorry other than that i really do love the mtc.  i’ll probably feel more useful soon. 

so yeah little dramatic last night. but everythings good now. love my comp. love my district. love the mtc. love the church. love my family/friends. learning to love tagalog. excited to love the philipinos. still tired. starting to make the weird missionary jokes (embarrassed). miss everyone and hope everything is good!! and my time is way past! LOVE YOU BYE!!!

xoxo
sister tingey

No comments:

Post a Comment