MTC Address

MTC Address/Box number

Sister Paige Tingey
MTC Mailbox #152
PHI-QUE 0228
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First week of MTC


HIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i dont really remmeber moms email but i'll just send you this one for everyone!
but first things first...just so i can get on and tell you stuff i need a few more things.
mom i miss my black sweats more than i thought i would, could you send me those? and my boots in the back of my car my feet are about to fall off. and my grey hoodie! anddd some ecuador pictures. and haha well so some of the polynesian elders stole some of the family pictures you sent me...well just the sister ones so if you could send those too that would be GREAT! oh and if you can find my farewell talk on my laptop and send that to me..or i think i left in it cocos room if you can find it in there maybe? OH and last thing can you send me the list of orphnages in the philippines that is on my notes in my laptop! SORRY i just am thinking of all these things. and also i am really really sorry i didnt clean my room. or coco's room. i'll clean the whole house twice when i get home. OH ahh sorry and can you send me that talk from elder holland again i think mom? cause one of the poly elders was dying to read it too cause he doesnt get things like that but i told him you wouldnt mind sending me another one...so i hope you dont mind haha. THANK YOU I LOVE YOU
  and then say THANK YOU to the gurrs and giegles. im pretty sure i read through those farewell notes they gave me everday. and also tell tess thank youu for the good advice and tagalog book! it will be used A LOT! and thank you to sister traasdahl for her letter, i needed it!
okay ahhh this 30 minute time thing stresses me out so hopefully i can tell you as much as possible before i have to go get my laundry! umm where to start?! oh first, can you tell people that when they pray for the missionaries to also pray for the missionaries in the mtc trying to stay awake during class. im the first one in bed and the last one to wake up (still obeying) and some classes are just hard to be alive in so prayers for that would be helpful!
    anyways, i guess ill start with companions! I LOVE MY COMPANION. her name is sister houser. she's fun. and has the greatest facial expressions. only weird thing is that she eats her cereal without milk cause she hates when it gets soggy. still trying to get used to that. ps i eat cereal and popsicles for every meal. i love the mtc. but then along with me and sister houser, our roommates who we're with all the time are sister ika and sister nipaluala, both tongans..one actually from tongan. they couldnt have picked a better rooming than this. me and sister nipaluala laugh ALL DAY LONG. she is sooo great. and sister ika is just a genius and the nicest person ive met in my whole life. and all four of us are in district 16 probably the greatest district ever made. we have every single kind of personality in there but we all get along so good.  after the third day we all decided we need to study in seperate rooms cause we get way too distracted. AND so funny, there is a kid in my district who is exactly nate tingeys twin. does every single thing the exact same its freaky. but anyways besides all the fun, they all teach me so much. i was so intimidated my first couple days just because of how great everyone is.  actuallly i still am. but im doing better.
 on sunday morning it was really bad though. i remember i just wrote in my journal all morning during study just pages full of me being really frustrated with everything. just didnt feel good enough and just other things that made it really hard to be there. but then we went to relief society and had a really cool experience. since the general primary president was there to talk to us, we sang "if the savior stood beside me" and it was exactly what i needed. and then the whole rest of the talk after that was PERFECT. it's like someone had read my journal and answered all my doubts and questions and frustrations and just let me know it was okay to feel like that. AND THEN on top of that, they turned on a video about christ when he came to the americas. there werent any words,  just some music and showed christ going around one by one..healing and teaching. and of course i lost it. they of couse werent my real kids, but  i saw christ hugging marcelo and holding dani. i saw Him healing martins hands and legs. i saw marybell and karla walking with him. i saw orvi and maria jose get their eyesight back. i saw leidys mom just give her burdens over to him. i saw him and laurita laughing. and my poor companion had no idea what to do with me cause i was a mess. needless to say, i remember why i came out here and even though the MTC is hard, im going through all this for the people im about to love. its hard just because  i dont know how much i love them yet but ive been promised that i know them and that i do just as much as my osso kids.
   but weve been having missionary lessons with brother rommel (a guy who comes in pretending he's an investigator) but all of our lessons are in tagalog. and its crazy how the spirit works. on our first lesson me and my companion had this whole entire lesson writtten out and it totally went the other direction haha and we just had to go with it but it ended up really good and bearing my testimony at the end was the best part. but anyways my times up but please tell people they cant email me till im out in the philippines but dear elder or my address and i love mail more than anything now.
alam po ko na totoo po ang simbahan ni jesucristo ng mga banal sa mga huling araw. mapagmahal po ang iyos ating ama sa langit. buhay tagapagligtas si jesucristo. mahal po tayo ng diyos. nagbayad-sala po si jesu cristo para sa mga kasalanan natin. tinutulungan po ng diyos ang kanyan mga anak dito sa mundo. sa pangalan ni jesu cristo amen.

LOVE YOU MISS YOU ALL
sister tingey
ahh not enough time but ill write you another one soon.
thanks for the letter dad
see you soon...ish haha bye!

1 comment: